Recipe: Breakfast Burrito
You will need:
- 4 eggs, whites and yokes seperated
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup canned diced green chilies
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup cooked meat (try steak, ground beef or chicken)
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges or small chunks
- hot sauce or salsa (optional)
Whisk the egg whites.
Warm a lightly oiled 10-inch skillet. Pour half the egg whites in the pan, swirling the pan around so the whites spread thinly and evenly. After about 30 seconds, put a lid on the pan and cook 1 minute or more. Use a rubber spatula to loosen and slide the egg white "tortilla" onto a plate. Repeat once more with the remaining whites.
In the same pan, saute' onions with oil for one minute then add tomato, green chiles, red pepper, cilantro and meat.
Whisk egg yolks and pour into the pan, mixing into a scramble with the other ingredients.
Add avocado at the very end then spoon half a filing onto each egg white. Roll the egg whites up into burritos and serve (with or without sauce/salsa)
WOD: 5 Rounds
20 HR Push-Ups
Primal Advice: "Play" is one of the most critical things you can do! Keeps stress down, keeps you active, and lets you enjoy things outside of your normal routine! Go out and play!!!