Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Back and FMS gave me some great new ideas to play with, along with my visit to Crossfit Unbroken!

Back from beautiful Colorado and starting a new week at United. Still making some exciting adjustments to programming from things I picked while up in the mountains. FMS is a great tool and I think it will really help a lot of of Crossfitters start moving better and having better recovery. Furthermore, I visited Crossfit Unbroken while I was there and let me tell you, that is a top notch Crossfit facility. Matt, the owner, runs that box very well and gave me a few great ideas for our strength group.
Changes for next month include the Hybrid system having separate class times from standard WOD classes. I don't like spreading my attention between two groups that have different goals. Also, the hybrid system will have a much more strict schedule. No make-up days. Period.
Programming is only truly effective if all the right factors come into play, and if we are going to grow as a box and as athletes we need to adhere strictly to it.

On a nutritional note: GET YOUR NUTRITION UNDER CONTROL! Exercise is the vehicle, nutrition is the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc...You get my point. Without control in this category, your results will be no where near what you could have attained.
1. Shop properly
2. Control your cheats
3. Understand what you DON'T react to well.
4. If you have questions, just ASK!

Thats about it for today. Enjoy the WOD and I hope to see you at the box.


WOD: 4 Rounds for Time
10 Pull-Ups
20 Box-Jumps
10 KB Swings
-Rest 60 Seconds between Rounds.

Hybrid: Dynamic Deadlift
10x2 Deadlift (5-1-0-1)

HWOD: 10 Rounds
-6 Straight Leg Deadlifts
-6 Pull-Ups
-6 FTB

No comments:

Post a Comment