Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Post Workout!

Hello Everyone,

I know a lot of us have been dealing with soreness and problems in recovery so I'm going to give my 2-cents today on what I found works for me and what I've seen work for others.

Immediately Post-Workout (Crossfit WOD):
3:1 Ratio of Carbs to Protein in a shake. (Drink at least half within 10 minutes)
-Good meal afterward with possibly sweet potato and some good meat :D and don't forget about magnesium levels.
A lot of research backs this ratio up when it comes to high intensity workouts (Check out Poliquins Website!)

Today's WOD:
-Death By Pull-Ups
Perform 1 Pull-Up the first minute, 2 the second, 3 the third, and so on until the prescribed amount of Pull-Ups cannot be perfomed.

Good Luck!

Side-Note: If anyone is familiar with MindBody Online and would like to earn some sessions/membership reimbursement contact me ASAP!

Happy WOD-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment